Ocean Optics, Inc (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR), the data controller is Ocean Optics, Inc, 4301 Metric Drive, Winter Park, Florida 32792, USA
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site (www.waveillumination.com) or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our online store, subscribe to our newsletter or product update services, search for a product or when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, and the business or organization you work for.
Information we collect about you.
With regards to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform,
Information we receive from other sources.
- This is information we receive about you if you use any other websites we operate (from our parent company Halma plc). In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data.
- We work closely with carefully vetted third parties to provide services on our behalf (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies).
We limit the amount and type of personal information that we collect to that which is necessary for the purposes for which we are collecting it.
We will notify you when we receive information about you from third party sources and the purposes for which we intend to use that information unless you have already received this information, we are prohibited by law from telling you we have this information or providing the required explanations to you would be impossible or require disproportionate effort.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and/or to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about (you will be given opportunities to opt out of these communications);
- to notify you about changes to our service e.g. changes in opening hours, delivery charges, delivery options, warranty/returns processes etc.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- to distinguish you from other users of our site. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our site and it also allows us to improve our site.
Information we receive from other sources.
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Legal basis for processing
We must have a lawful basis for processing your information; this will vary on the circumstances of how and why we have your information. We rely on:
- Your consent being given for one or more specific purposes
- The processing being necessary performance of a contract between us
- The processing being necessary to comply with a legal obligation e.g. providing information to governmental or regulatory bodies
- The processing being necessary for our legitimate interests e.g. to send our business customers and contacts information about our products and services, to make our services more efficient, to develop our product offerings or to carry out fraud prevention activities
We do not process any special categories of information i.e. information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership, genetic data, processing of biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying individuals, health data, or data concerning your sex life or sexual orientation, but if we do, we must have a further lawful basis for the processing and tell you what that basis is.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. This may include transferring your information outside of the European Economic Area.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you;
- third party organizations which process data for us and on our behalf. These third parties may be based (or store or process information) in the UK or elsewhere including outside of the EEA. As with many businesses, these third parties may include third party IT platforms (including cloud-based platforms), suppliers of administrative and support services and suppliers of other specialist products.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Ocean Optics, Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
How long do we store your personal data
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected for. The length of time we retain your personal information for is determined by operational and legal considerations. For example, we are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory and regulatory obligations (e.g. tax/accounting purposes).
We review our retention periods on a regular basis. If you need more information on this, please contact: email@example.com
GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with GDPR, and can be achieved by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We may require you to provide sufficient information to us in order that we can satisfy ourselves as to your identity.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes including profiling for these purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
You have the right to require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold. You also have the right to object to, request erasure or request the restriction of the processing of personal information concerning you in certain situations.
You have the right to receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations.
You also have the right to object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you (although we do not currently carry out any such decision making).
More details on your rights can be seen by visiting ICO.org.uk. You can also make a complaint to the ICO at any time about how we process your information.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time as our business and internal practices and/or applicable laws change. We will not make any use of your personal information that is inconsistent with the original purpose(s) for which it was collected or obtained (if we intend to do so, we will notify you in advance wherever possible via our site and/or otherwise contact you by post or email) or otherwise than is permitted by applicable law.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.